1. Being a member of a book club engages the mind, and starts new conversations about people, places, and careers.
2. You expand your knowledge and communication skills.
3. Reading a book is good for balance in your life, mind, and mental wellness.
4. You can recommend a book to someone else.
5. Meet the author.
6. Start your own book club.
7. Reading books and reviewing books, for possible career skill.
8. Volunteer reading books at your local schools and libraries.
9. Books encourage travel and adventure.
10. Being in a book club gives you a reason to purchase and read new books during the year.
Tacklebox & Safety Essentials
Ice fishing has become a popular sport. Before you head out onto the frozen waters, here is a list of essential tools that you should have when going out on the lake.
Ice bucket, jigs and spikes, rod and reel combo, gear, shanty, tarp straps, sonar, flasher/fish finder, proper dress code, tip-ups, ice scoop, and ice auger.
Before going ice-fishing, always check the regulations for your safety. Safe ice is the number one consideration. A minimum number of 3"-4" ice thickness before going out on the lake.