1. Observe the radiators in the living spaces of your home. If furniture, totes, or other objects are blocking the radiators it is preventing the heat from warming the home.
2. Use area rugs to warm wood, tile, or cement floors. They add heat and style to any room in your home.
3. Check to make sure the dampers are open; the ductwork adjusts to airflow in your home.
4. If you have a radiator externally attached to your home use reflective foil to prevent heat from escaping.
5. Almost 20% of heat is lost through the fireplace. Use a fireplace plug to prevent loss of heat and dampness in the home. If you have concerns about the fireplace, call a local expert for advice on cleaning and fireplace safety.
6. Maintain a schedule and change furnace filters on a regular basis. See instructions on the furnace filter for recommendations, safety for the home.
7. Reverse ceiling fans, during the winter months change the rotation to counterclockwise, this will move the warm air downward.
Making Life More Enjoyable!
Advantage Lifestyle Magazine
PO Box 33 Laurel, NE 68745, US
Hours Mon-Fri: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm