Fall is the perfect time for pets to be outside and play longer. When the weather is cooler, they also like to roam further away from their home. 5 Safety Tips For Autumn
1. Be aware of any rodenticides that are placed outside in or around the garage of in the basement of homes. They are toxic if digested by your pet, or could even be fatal.
2. Observe the ground for coolant or antifreeze leaks under the car, pets who drink the fluids are at risk for severe stomach issues, these chemicals are also toxic to your pets.
3. During Fall and Spring wild mushrooms are in season. Almost 99% of mushrooms have little or no toxicity, the 1% that are highly toxic can cause life-threatening problems in pets. Please visit Poisonous Plants Contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 immediately if you witness your pet eating a wild mushroom.
4. Black walnuts and other nuts are harmful for your dogs to digest. They are toxic to their system and can cause digestive distress. Contact your Veterinarian if your pet has any complications.
5. School supplies are harmful to your pet, dogs can't resist taking a backpack. I was very surprised when my German Shepherd stole my book bag, and dumped everything out of it, including paper, pens, and small accessories. Pets think it is fun to run around with objects in their mouth, not realizing how harmful it could be.