Fireworks and Safety
The July 4th weekend is among us! If you are not boarding your pets for the celebration, here are some things you may consider.
1. Pet anxiety - some pets are scared of loud noises, parades, large crowds and festivals. Signs and Symptoms: shaking, drooling, howling, barking, pacing or trying to take cover.
2. Run-away pet: Before you take your pet out to an event. Checklist: Keep an updated shot record with you, make sure their identification tag is on the dog collar. The collar should fit well, if your dog has run away before, consider kenneling them, leaving them with a family member and or micro-chipping your pet.
3. Check location and destination before your trip for pet friendly events.
4. Consider using natural calming therapies for your dog. A blanket, or natural foods to relieve anxiety. Always bring food and drinks for your pet, snacks & place to rest. Your pet will need exercise, so try to find a location away from the crowds.
5. If your pet does get lost, make sure to alert the vet, and local agencies to help locate your pet.
Enjoy the activities this weekend! Happy July 4th
CHANGING THE WAY WE THINK ABOUT AGING!
Senior Lifestyle Advantage Magazine
PO Box 33 Laurel, NE 68745, US | Hours Mon-Fri: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm