Do They Travel Well?
Article & Photo By: Judith Stanton
7 Tips Before Taking Your Pet To Work
Taking your pet to work day can be exciting! Showing your pet off in front of co-workers brings pride, and what else? Things to consider when taking your pet to work.
1. Prepare your pet for travel. What will there day look like? Do they have a kennel for napping before, during, and after going to work.
2. Consider their eating and toileting schedule. How close are the doors to the parking lot, or grass yard for exercise and toileting.
3. Be respectful of co-workers spaces, because their could be people in your office who are allergic to pets, or don't like pets. Ask your manager about office rules before bringing a pet.
4. Pet toys, food, water, exercise, and space. Remember pets need a lot of your attention during the day. Will they be spending most of their time in your office? Under a desk? Or pet corner?
5. Pet anxiety around unfamiliar people, could cause them to behave differently. Are they obnoxiously barking, running, scratching, leaping, meowing, or peeing around people? Check with your vet about supplements for comfort and travel.
6. Pet's and noise, consider what your work station looks like before taking a pet to work. Are they therapy pets? Do you work in manufacturing where they could be exposed to loud noises or safety concerns.
7. Prepare your pet the day before by taking them in the car, and alternative schedule. If you work from home establish boundaries.
I work from home, and admit with two dogs it can be challenging. I realize they both eat at different times, exercise at random times, and sleep in different spaces. Our dogs each have different personalities. Our blue heeler loves to travel, she sits in the window, and is quiet most of the time, but when we stop for rest breaks she wants to leap and run away, so she reacts differently to travel. Our larger dog, travels in a kennel, he barks intermittently and does not calm down during car rides. He would prefer to be left at home in his own territory.
Making Life More Enjoyable!
Advantage Lifestyle Magazine
PO Box 33 Laurel, NE 68745, US
Hours Mon-Fri: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm