1. Preheat griddle (electric or stovetop) or large pan to medium heat, about 350ºF.
2. In a medium mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to mix everything together, set aside.
3. In a clean mixing bowl add all the wet ingredient’s eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla, milk, and butter. Whisk until fully incorporated.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. Using a spatula or spoon gently mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just incorporated. Some clumps should still be present this is good, DO NOT OVERMIX.
5. Lightly grease the hot griddle/pan with oil or butter (you only must do this once at the beginning not before each batch).
6. Now scoop the pancake batter onto the hot surface. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup for scooping the batter for consistent pancake sizes. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, most importantly watch for air bubbles to start to form in the center of the pancake. When the bubbles begin to start popping towards the center of the pancake it is time to flip.
Once flipped cook the pancakes an additional 1 to 3 minutes. Cooking on this side will depend significantly on the heat of your griddle. You can check the doneness of one pancake by gently lifting the side to see if it is golden brown but try not to move too many of the pancakes while cooking. Continue to cook the pancakes in batches until
Here are some of our viewers favorite recipes.
Recipe of the Month by: